Rules : Coming soon
Offensive Roads: Stalingrad is a wargame for 2 players covering the 1942-43 winter campaign on the Soviet South Front. The game begins with the outbreak of the Uranus offensive in late November 1942 and ends with Manstein's counter-attack in March 1943.
The game is aligned with the 'Roads' series, which features the titles Liberty Roads and Victory Roads (published by Hexasim). The system will be familiar to players who have enjoyed the first two games, but it has been adapted to take into account all the specifics of the campaign.
Offensive Roads: Stalingrad thus benefits from the strong points which made the previous games a success:
- a precise order of battle at a divisional scale, avoiding the multiplicity of annexed units;
- a classic game system that is easily learned and is extremely fluid due
to the lack of control zones;
- a combat table combining attrition results and tactical results, making each battle unique;
- the supports, the heart of the game, that allow
historicity and replayability to be reconciled;
- the command constraints of both sides, symbolized on the German side by the famous 'Führer Satisfaction Track'
In order to best simulate this
exciting campaign, the specifics of each camp have been taken into account.
On the Soviet side, the game will focus primarily on planning offensives. The player will have a major offensive marker and two minor offensive markers. These can be used without any particular constraints, but will generate few supports. The launch of a major offensive will require delicate planning by the Soviet player, but its effects can be devastating.
On the German side, three features of the campaign will be highlighted:
- the supply of the Stalingrad pocket – which is a bit like landings in Liberty Roads – will be a game within the game. Each turn, the German player will try to supply the pocket, and the number of Ju-52s succeeding in their mission will provide the supply level of the encircled units as well as various bonuses or penalties.
- The tactical superiority and German
ascendancy at this period of the war will be taken into account, but will be challenged
by Soviet successes.
Stalingrad has four
of the Abyss: 17 turns. The full campaign begins with the outbreak of
Uranus and ends with Manstein's counter-attack. For the first time in the
'Roads' series, the two armies are of equal strength and the German player will
have the opportunity to win the game up until the last turn by using his best
this small two-turn scenario is ideal for getting started with the system, but is
also a challenge for both players. It will be playable entirely on a dedicated player
aid. You can already test it online via Cyberboard and Vassal!
Uranus: an essential tool to prepare for the campaign, this scenario will allow
you to optimize the Soviet first moves and become familiar with the rules of
Backhand Blow: a short but intense scenario to maneuver the elite German
armored forces and save a desperate situation.
and Gallop: Starting in February 1943, this scenario shows the end of the
campaign from the surrender of the 6th Army. A real game within the game, it
allows players to discover these very small simulated offensives and opens up a
situation rich in
opportunities for the Soviet player.
Offensive Roads : Stalingrad
- Designer: Nicolas Rident
Developers : Nicolas Rident and Raynald Foret
Historical and geographical research : Joël Maynard
Graphics : Olivier Revenu
• Boxed game
• 1 A1 single-sided map
• Rules & Scenarios booklet in English
• 2 punchboards of 560 counters
• 13 play aids
• 2 dice
|Preorder price : €54.00 instead of €69.00 full retail price|
- Availability: P137 Orders To Date : 113 / 250